Hints and tricks
First make sure that you have properly installed the Netpbm package as well as Gifsicle.
One can install the Windows versions of the programs or the Cygwin ports.
The following executables must be accessible from the command prompt (be on PATH) :
For PyVib2 1.0 the "which" command must be also accessible (installed by default with Cygwin).
Starting from PyVib2 1.1, it is no more a requirement.
To check if the executables are on PATH :
If any of the invocations fails :
- start the command prompt (cmd.exe)
- invoke the above listed executables
Finally, test if gifs can be produced properly :
- Find the directories where the executables are
- Open the System properities by clicking
Start > Control Panel > System and go to the Advanced tab
- Add the directories (separated by semicolon) to the PATH variable
(create one if necessary)
- Apply the changes
- Open a new command prompt and repeat the tests. If you have the old command prompt opened,
do not use it, since the applied changes do not affect it.
If you are going to use Netpbm from
install version 10.18.4 (10.27 does not work properly).